[Ads-l] Facebookery: "Sally refuses to be _gaslit_."

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 16 02:03:51 UTC 2017

I would also assume "gaslighted" is older, which is why I was surprised to
hear "gaslit" used in the 1965 "Gomer Pyle" episode -- which, even if it's
not the earliest known use of the verb (thanks to Stephen and Garson
finding cites from 1961 and 1962) is still pretty early in the term's
development.