[Ads-l] P.S. on "Fargone" vs. "Fargoed"

Mon Jan 16 22:50:11 UTC 2017

Below is an instance of "Rashamoned" (from the movie "Rashomon" which
depicts contradictory versions of reality), but it seems to be a rare
example.

http://www.metafilter.com/146620/Can-time-heal-these-wounds

[Begin excerpt]
I don't think there's actually an answer there. I mean, think about
the difficulties we have with eyewitness testimony in general, then
combine that with how much of an, for lack of a better word, "origin
myth" this is to both of them. Both of them could have Rashamoned this
so long ago that there's no way to ever really discover the objective
truth especially past the emotional content.
[End excerpt]

Garson