[Ads-l] "Wemmin"

Marc Sacks msacksg at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 23 17:15:06 UTC 2017

Yesterday an acquaintance of mine noted an oddity in his own speech, namely
that he pronounces "women" as "wemmin." He doesn't know anybody else that
says the word that way and has no idea where he got the pronunciation.
Someone asked him if he was from nowthwestern Ohio; he's not. I asked him
if he pronounces "milk" as "melk" (I'm a Pittsburgher); nope.

Does any of you a region of the country where people talk about "wemmin,"
or is the poor guy on his own with this one?

Thanks,
Marc Sacks