[Ads-l] bro down 'become (male )friends'

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 28 17:59:55 UTC 2017

And like "throw down," "bro down" can be nominalized.

---
https://books.google.com/books?id=qxCh-xCRUH0C&pg=PA14
Daniel Maurer, _Brocabulary: The New Man-i-festo of Dude Talk_, 2009, p. 14
These temporary broing pains will pass if you skip the throwdown and engage
in a bro-down -- a two-beer peace summit in which you attempt to resolve
your differences over a couple of brewskies.
---
https://books.google.com/books?id=S9sZ2vdy8ZAC&pg=PA16
Charles Aaron, Spin, Oct. 2011, p. 16
"And that following is the ultimate story -- a half-million (at least)
fanatics who were thirsty this summer for any communal throwdown, or
bro-down, as the case may be (furry boots, optional)."
---

We discussed "throwdown" back in 2005:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2005-April/048405.html

More in my 2008 Word Routes column: