[Ads-l] Profiting without honor

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 29 06:40:30 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 1:04 AM, Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

This et sim. are still falling trippingly from tongues. OTOH, I've never
heard "kid-man" used by anybody more recent than Lizzie "Memphis
Minnie" Douglas, 1897-1973. Indeed, I know the term only from old records
and from books on dialect and slang, never having heard it spoken.

Of course, "Lovey Dovey" is part of my lost youth. I was sixteen when it
was released and I owned it on a 78. 78's were considered to be superior to
45's, WRT sound, in those days, just as, today, "connoisseurs" consider
analog recordings on vinyl to be superior to digital mp3's.
--
-Wilson
-----