[Ads-l] Antedating of "Web TV"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 5 22:31:03 UTC 2017

Wasn't this use of WebTV a prospective brand name announced by Oracle? A
year later, another WebTV was brought out by a guy working for General
Magic, and eventually bought by Microsoft and renamed MSN. A year after
that, Oracle finally came out with its product, now called NCTV.

Neither of these uses of WebTV are generic -- both were brand names.

DanG