[Ads-l] Is it just me? I don't know-ah.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 12 06:15:40 UTC 2017

Since at least the time of Julia Louis-Dreyfuss on Seinfeld, I've heard
people - mostly girls and women, but also boys and men - add an extra
syllable, usually shwa or some other ah-ish sound, to utterance-final
syllables, especially to utterances terminating in the vowel-sound, oh-ah.

No one has yet called attention to this before, as far as I know-ah. But
it's all over TV and has been for a while, now-ah.

--
-Wilson
-----