[Ads-l] Antedating of "Gay Marriage"

David Kendal me at DPK.IO
Thu Jul 27 15:49:21 UTC 2017

On 26 Jul 2017, at 22:18, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu> wrote:

> gay marriage (OED 1971)
>

> 1964 _Gay_ (Toronto, Canada) 15 June 8 (Archives of Sexuality & Gender)
> If such value is put on gay marriage by men of God, surely we, ourselves
> should take it more seriously and even society will see the advantages of
> encouraging gay people to hold up their heads and be proud that they are
> creatures of God with the courage of their convictions.

I uncovered and submitted this 1964 example in October last year:
<http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00004805/00001/11j>

But it appears Ammon Shea has pipped us both to the post with this 1954
discovery:
<https://twitter.com/ammonshea/status/890588627377553408>

--
dpk (David P. Kendal) · Nassauische Str. 36, 10717 DE · http://dpk.io/
  “Should array indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was