[Ads-l] A spade is not a shovel.

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 31 07:42:35 UTC 2017

What would be interesting to know is whether people who regularly use both types of tools use the distinction, in which case “spade” might remain in the US as jargon.

When I’m shoveling dirt, I usually use a spade because: 1) it’s lighter, 2) shovels are more common, and 3) it doesn’t occur to me that there is an advantage to using the squarish type.

BB