[Ads-l] bakery bread

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 1 13:41:02 UTC 2017

Why assume that an impersonal "big operation" would have been thought a
better source of butter, milk, and cream than a local dairy farmer who was
known to the community - in an America that was still "small-town" and
largely agricultural?

With little or no government oversight before the era of T. Roosevelt,
big-time, impersonal operators would have been more likely to adulterate
their product than would the honest farm family down the road.

JL