[Ads-l] The peasants are revolting (Comic: The Wizard of Id)

Sun Jun 4 18:31:04 UTC 2017

Back in March, I initiated a thread about a line in the comic "The
Wizard of Id". Now there is an article on the Quote Investigator
website on the topic:

“The Peasants Are Revolting” “You Can Say That Again”
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/06/03/revolt/

[Begin acknowledgment]
Great thanks to Fred Shapiro whose inquiry about famous quotations in
comic strips led QI to formulate this question and perform this
exploration. Special thanks to the mailing list discussants: Randy
Alexander who found the “The Marvelous Land of Oz” citation, Jeff
Prucher who located the Pogo citation, and James A. Landau who found
an instance of the 1955 joke. Thanks to Barry Popik for his research
on this topic. Also, thanks to Arnold Zwicky for his linguistic
analysis and presentation of several examples.
[End acknowledgment]

Garson