[Ads-l] Proverb

Sun Jun 11 16:19:58 UTC 2017

Here are some matches for the joke in the 1960s.

Year: 1962
Book: How Good Schools are Run: Since You Ask Me!
Author: K. Hart Puffer
Publisher: The Bond Wheelwright Co., Freeport, Maine
Quote Page 11
Database; Google Books Snippet; data may be inaccurate; should be
verified with hardcopy; page number is visible in snippet

[Begin excerpt]
The main thing to remember here is that even a fish would stay out of
trouble if he kept his mouth shut. The late President Calvin Coolidge
was the master of masters in this.
[End excerpt]