[Ads-l] Possible "Bob's Your Uncle" antedating

Mon Mar 6 17:32:37 UTC 2017

Excellent find, Bill. The phrase appeared as the title of a new song
in an advertisement. There was no apostrophe in "BOBS YOUR UNCLE" for
this instance.

Date: January 11, 1923
Periodical: The Stage
Periodical Location: London
Printed and Published by the Proprietors at The Stage Office, 16, York
Street, Covent Garden, W.G.
Advertisement: DAREWSKI SONG AND DANCE SUCCESSES, HERMAN DAREWSKI
MUSIC PUBLISHING CO.
Sub-Section: New Songs
Quote Page 28, Column 2
Database: britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk

[Begin excerpt - double check or typos]
NEW SONGS

YOU MAY HAVE SOME LOVING BUT YOU CAN"T HAVE IT ALL
DEAREST YOU'RE THE NEAREST TO MY HEART
FOREVER
TRIFLING
TOMAHAWK BLUES
BOBS YOUR UNCLE
[End excerpt]

The words FOREVER and TRIFLING are on two lines and might be two song
titles or one song title.

Garson