[Ads-l] ejaculatory "pop"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 12 12:48:43 UTC 2017

There seems to be no way to know, but I'm skeptical.   Maybe he's just
playing with the senses of "ask" and "explode." Given the context and the
vast "antedating," this explanation seems somewhat more reasonable to me.

OED's initial cite, btw, is from HDAS files.

JL