[Ads-l] ejaculatory "pop"

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Sun Mar 12 15:29:25 UTC 2017

... and of course, "pop" in that context indicates pawning an item.  In this
case, Charley Wag rather than Bob's your uncle, as in Henley's translation of
Villon, in "Villon's Straight Tip To All Cross Coves":  'It's up-the-spout and
Charley-Wag ...'

Robin

(The Wiki entry on Pop Goes the Weasel --
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_Goes_the_Weasel -- is comprehensive, and
rather good -- someone on this list responsible for the anonymous authorship of
the same?  Kudos to whoever.   R.)