[Ads-l] Facebookery: "I was one _he=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99ll=5F_?=of a driver."

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 13 15:35:17 UTC 2017

This has long been a comical feature of autocorrect on smartphones, since
autocorrect word lists don't include swear words (to avoid the possibility
of embarrassing miscorrections). I wrote about it in this 2011 On Language
column:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/magazine/16FOB-onlanguage-t.html

You can even get a T-shirt that says "Autocorrect can go to he'll":

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mralan/works/11456388-auto-correct-can-go-to-hell-hell