[Ads-l] questioning 1850 "pop goes the weasel"

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Thu Mar 16 16:46:06 UTC 2017

Though one can find claims online of an 1850 publication of "Pop Goes the Weasel for Fun and Frolic," published by Miller and Beacham in Baltimore, I note that such does not appear in WorldCat.

And The Baltimore Sun of Wed. March 29, 1854, p. 2, col. 2 has:

"We have the following new musical publications from Messrs. Miller & Beacham, 181 Baltimore Street...."Pop Goes the Weasel, or [sic, not "for"] Fun and Frolic,"......"

Stephen Goranson

http://people.duke.edu/~goranson/