[Ads-l] Act Now! Trump Calls for the Elimination of NEH, Other Humanities Programs

Grant Barrett grantbarrett at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 16 22:29:21 UTC 2017

This morning, President Trump released a budget blueprint that calls for
the elimination of the National Endowment for the Humanities, along with
the National Endowment for the Arts, the Department of Education’s
International Education Programs, the Institute for Museums and Library
Services, and the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars.

This is an assault on the humanities research, education, and programming
that are essential to the cultivation of our national heritage and civic
culture.

Congress will ultimately be responsible for writing the bills that fund the
federal government. Members of Congress must receive the message that the
humanities benefit us all.

Click here to urge your Members of Congress to oppose these proposals!

<http://www.nhalliance.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fp2a.co%2FkVFEeav&e=
130c7f91f5b407d09eb9135e80c7e898&utm_source=nhalliance&utm_
medium=email&utm_campaign=pbr_3_16&n=2>

If you have already contacted your elected officials about NEH in recent
months, please also urge them to oppose this specific proposal by
contacting them again now.

You can read more about the proposal and our campaign here.

<http://www.nhalliance.org/pbr?e=130c7f91f5b407d09eb9135e80c7e8
98&utm_source=nhalliance&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pbr_3_16&n=3>

National Humanities Alliance
http://www.nhalliance.org/