[Ads-l] metaphorical "litmus test" (1912)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Mar 24 20:05:08 UTC 2017

Slightly earlier:
_Cleveland [OH] Leader_ 4 Sep 1904, p 11 col 4

"The people ring true; the incidents stand the litmus test of our own experiences."
[from a book review]