[Ads-l] "stripped search"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Mar 26 14:35:42 UTC 2017

Several google hits for “stripped search”—

I was confusing this was [sic] a case in Texas (I think) where a man was stripped search in a police interrogation room without any just cause.

Please read the article again, he wasn't stripped searched for a crime, we was stripped search because he was put in general population…

A trial court correctly granted the motion of a man arrested in Marion County to suppress drug evidence found in his buttocks after he was stripped search as a result of a misdemeanor battery charge
[This one is from “The Illinois Lawyer”, hence presumably in edited prose:
http://www.theindianalawyer.com/court-affirms-suppression-of-drug-evidence-found-in-jail-strip-search/PARAMS/article/41036]

or the following three instances, all from published books:

I was stripped search, yelled at, and then they gave me a DC number. From now on I would be just a number not Donna Buchanan but a six digit number.

Once we arrived at the station, I was stripped search. They allowed me to keep my wig but took out the hair pins.

...the case of a thirteen year old girl who was stripped search by school official, and the conservative majority on the current Supreme Court

—and so on.  More hits, however, for “stripped searched”, a participial counterpart of the virtually standard preterit form “sleptwalked”.

LH