[Ads-l] "to ping"

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Mar 30 15:00:06 UTC 2017

Also in submarine/sonar contexts.  See, for example _The Hunt for Red October_( 1984):
"We have ships there waiting for you.  If you understand and agree please ping us again one time."