[Ads-l] Kama=?utf-8?Q?=CA=BB=C4=81ina_?=(Re: Gloss re: passive of verbal idiom: walk out on)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue May 2 17:36:49 UTC 2017

Honolulu HI _The Polynesian_ 22 Mar 1845 p. 3 col 2

"The children of the several schools under the charge of the French and American Missionaries, to the number of 600 and upwards, visited the palace on Thursday evening, and after having passed through the rooms and been presented to their Majesties, they assembled in front of the building with banners flying, and were addressed in a short speech by the King, which concluded, they gave three loud cheers and marched to music off the grounds. Next week the Kamaainas will be received."

Honolulu HI _The Pacific Commercial Advertiser_ 15 Feb 1873  p. 3 col 4
"General Alexander, U.S.A., took passage on the Kilauea, on Thursday afternoon, to make a brief visit to the Island of Kauai, intending to return on Sunday morning.  The General is accompanied by Marshal Parke, who acts as cicerone on this occasion, and who, as a kamaaina, will know how to make the trip an agreeable one."