[Ads-l] Is my memory truly the only source of this saying?!

Fri May 5 23:58:12 UTC 2017

Here's a citation.

Date: March 1, 1977
Newspaper: Dixon Evening Telegraph
Newspaper Location: Dixon, Illinois
Article: Sport editor's notebook: To host or not to host
Author: Abie Abrahams (Telegraph Sports Editor)
Quote Page 10, Column 1
Database: Newspapers.com

https://www.newspapers.com/image/80229277/?terms=%22mistake%22

[Begin excerpt]
Not that I haven't been wrong before ... I have been wrong. One time.
I thought I had made a mistake, but I was wrong.
[End excerpt]

Garson