[Ads-l] Caption

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Fri May 12 17:54:00 UTC 2017

For all of me, " intrusive 'of' " [both the locution itself, and the phrase
noted as applying to it] is dead gallus.  Or should that be "gallows"?  Dunno
which version runs in America.  Could look up the Utterly Estimable George
Washington Matsell to see, but some people on this list (no names, no pack
drill) fail to exhibit sufficient respect for his lexicographical prowess.

R.