[Ads-l] Miscellanea: Well, that makes sense.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 22 01:10:55 UTC 2017

"Hello Dear,

This email might come to you as a surprise and a complete intrusion to your
privacy but right now this is my only option of communicating With You. I
humbly write to solicit for your partnership and assistance in the transfer
and investment of my inheritance funds from my late father who died
mysteriously. I will like to further introduce myself to you. My name is
Miss.Diane Williams, I am age of eighteen years girl, am only child of my
late parents Mr.and Mrs. Paul Williams."

On the Dr. Phil Show, the other day, he wondered why it is, given the
plethora of all kinds of computer apps to aid speakers of ESL with their
written English, that Nigerian Letters are always easily recognizable by
the clumsiness of their English composition. It was explained to him that
the poor English was the very heart of the scam. A reader alert to the
niceties of written English is also likely to see the illogic of the scam.

OTOH, a reader who notices nothing odd about the writer's English comp is
also unlikely to see the illogic of the scam: You have $15,000,000 in gold,
silver, and jewels in two steamer trunks, but you don't have the money to
pay to have them shipped to the States and you're willing to give
$7,500,000 to a total stranger in return for just the $2,500 in shipping
fees?

Yeah, right.

But it works like a charm. The doc introduced a retired neurosurgeon who,
over ten years, had _spent_ $7,500,000 - "when you find a good horse, ride
it to death," as we say in the 'hood - and had received in return for it
only some jpegs of age of eighteen years girl that had been lifted from a
GF-porn site.

--
-Wilson
-----