[Ads-l] Bogus Twain quote lives on

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 22 16:27:35 UTC 2017

Garson will be justifiably dismayed to learn that the "Twain" quote he
scrutinized and discredited some years ago here

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/09/29/you-did/

figured prominently in my granddaughter's high-school graduation ceremony
yesterday, with attribution to Mark Twain.

Another was "Nothing is Impossible. The word itself says, 'I'm Possible'!"
This was attributed to Audrey Hepburn, who I suspect would have been too
intelligent to say it. (Earliest GB ex.: 2011.)

JL