[Ads-l] cache-cachet confusible

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 25 18:09:47 UTC 2017

"Cache"/"cachet" shows up in Paul Brians' "Common Errors of English Usage."

https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/31/cache-cachet/

The pair is also in "100 Words Almost Everyone Mixes Up or Mangles" from
American Heritage, as noted by Heidi Stevens in a 2011 Chicago Tribune
column:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07-06/features/ct-
tribu-words-work-cache-20110706_1_cache-american-heritage-dictionaries-loot

Link to cached (not cacheted) version if that doesn't work:
https://goo.gl/q8T8Er

And I see some discussion on this here list in 2011 and 2013.