[Ads-l] RES: cache - cachet confusible

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Fri May 26 11:08:27 UTC 2017

Seems like hypercorrection to me. Like folks saying Coup de Grah instead of
Coup de Grahss.
DAD

Para: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Assunto: Re: cache - cachet confusible

Poster:       Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: cache - cachet confusible
---

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Baron, Dennis E <debaron at illinois.edu>
wrote:

> Usu. cache for cachet

In my experience, hearing random speakers on TV, ranging from  newsreaders
through actors to "guests," cachet for cache seems to be more common.
Maybe. I interpret what I hear as _cach=C3=A9_ and not as "cachet." Of cour=
se, I may be mistaken, since I can't read the speaker's mind.

Youneverknow.
--=20
-Wilson
-----
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die!"---a strange complaint to come
from the mouths of people who have had to live.
-Mark Twain

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.