[Ads-l] Quote: Time Wounds All Heels

Sat May 27 03:52:34 UTC 2017

Updating a 2014 message:

Frank Case who owned and operated the Algonquin Hotel in New York has
often been credited with the expression "Time wounds all heels". In
his 1938 memoir Case said he originated the phrase and used it during
a radio appearance. But the broadcast date was previously unknown (to
me).

Today I was sent a link to a webpage with an MP3 of Case's radio appearance:

Title: Rudy Vallee Royal Gelatin Hour Guest Tallulah Bankhead
Air Date: June 17, 1937 (according to the website)
Location of quotation: 39 mins into broadcast

https://www.oldtimeradiodownloads.com/variety/rudy-vallee-royal-gelatin-hour/rudy-vallee-royal-gelatin-hour-37-06-17-guest-tallulah-bankhead

The 1937 date is rather late because the saying was circulating in
1934. The QI article has been updated. Great thanks to Frank Solensky
who pointed to the MP3.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/09/23/heels/

Garson