[Ads-l] Size matters

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Wed May 31 02:25:32 UTC 2017

Also:

Le, Xuan, et al. "Longitudinal detection of dementia through lexical and syntactic changes in writing: a case study of three British novelists." Literary & Linguistic Computing 26, no. 4 (December 2011): 435-461.

Lancashire, Ian. Forgetful muses : reading the author in the text. Ian Lancashire. n.p.: Toronto ; Buffalo : University of Toronto Press, [2010], 2010.

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Laurence Horn
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:32 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ADS-L] Size matters

Don’t know about that but there was an interesting piece in today’s Times suggesting that decrease in type/token ratio can be used as a (non-invasive) kind of indicator for the effects of C.T.E. (athlete’s brain damage caused by concussions) and more generally the onset of dementia (and specifically Alzheimer’s, as in the case of President Reagan): https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/29/health/cte-brain-inuries-football.html

LH