[Ads-l] wars of 9/11

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Fri Nov 3 00:46:23 UTC 2017

A new phrase to me.  Google gives a relatively small number of hits, most of which seem to be 2011 or later.

It showed up in a local political debate among candidates for the State Assembly.  Context:  one candidate, answering a question from the audience, was talking about not the war(s) themselves but rather about what services "should be provided to the veterans of the wars of 9/11".

Aside:  Latinists on this list may be interested in the local (2nd Legislative District) Green Party candidate for the Assembly, who changed his name to "Mico Lucide".  I had a chance to talk to him; he seemed to hardly be an eccentric but rather came across as sincere, thoughtful, and reasonable.

- Jim Landau