[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Most Notable Quotations of 2017 So Far?

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Nov 7 22:39:24 UTC 2017

> I’m starting to think about my annual list, run by the Associated Press, of the top 10 most notable quotations of the year.  By “notable” I
> mean “important” or “famous” or “particularly revealing of the spirit of our times” rather than necessarily being eloquent or admirable.
>
> I would welcome suggestions of notable quotations from 2017, particularly ones from politics or popular culture or entertainment or sports
> or business or technology.

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, 30 Oct 2017:  "The lack of an ability to compromise led to the Civil War."
Long version:  “I would tell you that Robert E. Lee was an honorable man. He was a man that gave up his country to fight for his state, which 150 years ago was more important than country. It was always loyalty to state first back in those days. Now it’s different today. But the lack of an ability to compromise led to the Civil War, and men and women of good faith on both sides made their stand where their conscience had them make their stand.”

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, 8 Oct 2017 "If we are disrespecting the flag then we won't play. Period."

Kevin Spacey, 29 Oct 2017 (Twitter) “I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose to live as a gay man.”

Sallie Hofmeister, representative for Harvey Weinstein, 10 Oct 2017 "With respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of those relationships were consensual. Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”