[Ads-l] apocryphal Twain

Fri Oct 27 00:03:25 UTC 2017

Thanks for sharing this, Bill, and thanks to Andy and Dan for their
comments. I was happy to see that the researcher Mat Seybold did
mention my work on the topic, and he pointed to the pertinent webpage
on the Quote Investigator website.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/06/22/why/

Seybold mentioned the key 1970 sermon, but he also stated that he had
difficulty accessing the sermon:

[Begin excerpt]
Unfortunately, I have been unable to consult this source myself,
though I have no reason to doubt Dr. O’Toole.
[End excerpt]

I did indicate in the citation for the sermon that the document was
available via archive.org, but I did not provide a link. Now, to help
fellow researchers I have updated the article to include a direct
link.

https://archive.org/stream/sermongiveyethem00camp#page/8/mode/2up

Garson