[Ads-l] (like) a boss

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 11 04:27:45 UTC 2017

In crypto and perhaps other trading fields, "to moon" is to rise rapidly in price.

1. Here’s a tweet that says that the coin verge (abbreviated as XVG) is mooning like a boss:

https://twitter.com/c4chaos/status/906920301685989376 <https://twitter.com/c4chaos/status/906920301685989376>

—
wtf is happening with #Verge $XVG? mooning LIKE A BOSS in a bloody market!
—

The “bloody market” part refers to the fact that bitcoin dropped severely (due to an untrue news story).

2. The online Oxford Dictionary has (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/boss <https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/boss>):

—
noun
A person in control of a group or situation.
adjective
Excellent; outstanding.
—

But not a noun definition for the adjective meaning.

3. Entry 18 for “boss” in the Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boss&page=3 <http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boss&page=3>) is defined by BOSS as:

—
Totally cool, awesome, the best.
Someone who is the leader, above all - higher power.
Someone who does something out of the ordinary that requires balls and is really cool, bold, almost impossible,
and just BOSS. Word popularized by Neil Patel, one who demostrated the meaning of "Boss" many times.
Yo, look at that guy over there man hes sooo BOSS!
Damn that watch looks Boss.
Thats a BOSS ride over there.
Wow, what he did was pretty Boss
Yo that shit is pretty Boss.
He gets all the bitches, he's such a Boss.
—

Full disclosure: I spent almost no time on this email. I did not check the ADS archives or go through all of the Urban Dictionary entries.

Back to work
Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA