[Ads-l] choke up =? emotional

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Sep 18 17:14:41 UTC 2017

Alive and well, albeit with a metalinguistic apologia:

Cindi Leive on stepping down as editor of “Glamour”, from “How to quit a magazine” in yesterday’s NYT Style section:

She laughed and tucked her bare feet under her on the living room sofa in her Brooklyn townhouse. This was the day before she would inform Glamour’s staff, and she was a little nervous about telling her team the news. “I’m sure I will be, in my grandmother’s words, ‘highly verklempt.’ I’m a bit of a crier anyway,” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/fashion/cindi-leive-glamour.html

LH