[Ads-l] burner account

Tue Sep 19 17:48:57 UTC 2017

Wiktionary has entries for burner phone, burn phone, and burner, but
no dated citations are provided. I did not see these terms in the OED.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/burner
burner
Noun
burner (plural burners)
(slang) A mobile phone used for only a short time and then thrown away
so that the owner cannot be traced.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/burner_phone
Noun
burner phone (plural burner phones)
    Alternative spelling of burn phone

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/burn_phone
Noun
burn phone (plural burn phones)
    (informal, US) a cell phone bought anonymously with cash, usually
used as a means of conducting illegal business or harassment.

Garson