[Ads-l] rude: noisy? frolicksome?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 25 12:48:14 UTC 2017

In my experience, "rude" = 'bawdy; obscene' is known to older British
speakers as well.

I must have encountered it in the '60s, with no suggestion that it was a
novelty. I associate it with the sometimes hilariously "rude" rugby song
repertoire.

"Outway rude" may have been the collocation I met with.

JL