[Ads-l] Heard: _musty_ “smelling of decay or rot”

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 27 20:04:49 UTC 2017

The rotting corpse of a dead baby smells merely “moldy”?

"The Difference between Moldy and Musty Smells:
Moldy and musty smells are similar in nature and both are caused by the
presence of mold or mildew.The primary difference between moldy and musty
odors is in the strength of the smell: musty odors are usually not as
strong as moldy odors.”

goo.gl/u6xmLq

Before this moment, I had no idea what _musty_ meant in sE, only what it
meant in BE. I’d assumed that it meant “dry, dusty” because of literary
references to “musty” attics and, as chance would have it, I’ve been in
only one attic in my life and it smelled dry and dusty.

Youneverknow.