[Ads-l] bogus Churchill quote?

Tue Apr 3 10:54:57 UTC 2018

The Quote Investigator website now has an entry on this topic. JL and
Barry are acknowledged:

A Diplomat Is a Person Who Can Tell You To Go To Hell in Such a
Tactful Way That You’ll Look Forward with Pleasure To Making the Trip
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/04/03/diplomat/

[Begin acknowledgment]
Great thanks to Professor Jonathan Lighter who heard a commentator on
MSNBC attribute an instance to Winston Churchill. This led QI to
reactivate research on this topic and to create this entry. Special
thanks to Barry Popik who located citations beginning in 1953. His
helpful webpage is available here.
[End acknowledgment]

Feedback welcome
Garson