[Ads-l] QOTY non-candidate

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 6 20:02:28 UTC 2018

> EPA MIS-ADMINISTRATOR SCOTT PRUITT: Not when I’m not using it. I mean,
yes. This is a tremendous difference. I wasn’t using the facility, uh, Ed,
when I wasn’t there.

<whew> Suppose they charged him for not using it when he wasn't there -
that could run into some real money [1]

[1]
Animal Crackers
Spaulding: What do you fellas get an hour?
Ravelli: For playing, we get-a ten dollars an hour.
Spaulding: I see. What do you get for not playing?
Ravelli: Twelve dollars an hour.
Spaulding: Well, clip me off a piece of that.
Ravelli: Now for rehearsing, we make special rate. That's-a fifteen dollars
an hour...That's-a for rehearsing.
Spaulding: And what do you get for *not* rehearsing?
Ravelli: You couldn't afford it. You see, if we don't rehearse, we a-don't
play, and if we don't play (he snaps his finger) - that runs into money.
Spaulding: How much would you want to run into an open manhole?
Ravelli: Just-a the cover charge! Ha, ha, ha.
Spaulding: Well, drop in some time.
Ravelli: Sewer.
Spaulding: Well, we cleaned that up pretty well.
Ravelli: Well, let's see how-a we stand.
Spaulding: Flat-footed.
Ravelli: Yesterday, we didn't come. (To Mrs. Rittenhouse) You remember,
yesterday we didn't come?
Spaulding: Oh, I remember.
Ravelli: Yes, that's three hundred dollars.
Spaulding: Yesterday, you didn't come, that's three hundred dollars?
Ravelli: Yes, three hundred dollars.
Spaulding: Well, that's reasonable. I can see that alright.
Ravelli: Now today, we did come. That's-a (pause)..
Spaulding: That's a hundred you owe us.
Ravelli: Hey, I bet I'm gonna lose on the deal. Tomorrow we leave. That's
worth about (pause)..
Spaulding: A million dollars.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 2:33 PM, James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at netscape.com>
wrote:

> Well, it is a candidate for most inane QOTY.
>
> https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a19690828/fox-news-
> scott-pruitt-swamp/
>
> Fox News correspondent ED HENRY: Your house in Oklahoma, you pay a
> mortgage on that. And when you don’t sleep there, you still pay the
> mortgage, right?
>
> EPA MIS-ADMINISTRATOR SCOTT PRUITT: Not when I’m not using it. I mean,
> yes. This is a tremendous difference. I wasn’t using the facility, uh, Ed,
> when I wasn’t there.
>
> - Jim Landau

> Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

Andy Bach,