[Ads-l] Jean-Baptiste Colbert Quotation

Tue Apr 17 05:21:35 UTC 2018

Back in December 2017 Fred Shapiro asked about a quotation concerning
taxation, and I replied. Since April 17th is tax day in the U.S this
year. I decided to create an entry for the Quote Investigator website.

Taxation Is the Art of Plucking the Goose without Making It Squeal
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/04/16/tax/

[Begin acknowledgement]
Great thanks to Tonia Cistulli, Edward Troup, and Fred Shapiro whose
inquiries led QI to formulate this question and perform this
exploration. Shapiro pointed to citations in 1919 and 1888.
[End acknowledgement]

Feedback welcome

Garson