[Ads-l] ripped from today's headlines

Tue Apr 24 20:19:03 UTC 2018

Here are some matches from 1931 in the newspapers.com database (double
check for errors). The initial matches do not contain the word
"today's".

Date: April 19, 1931
Newspaper: The St. Petersburg Times
Newspaper Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Article: Advertisement for the movie "The Finger Points"
Section 2, Quote Page 3, Column 7
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin except]
RICHARD BARTHELMESS
      In
The Story That Was Ripped From the Headlines
and Tells the World of the Underworld.
"THE FINGER POINTS"
[End excerpt]

Date: May 29, 1931
Newspaper: Chicago Daily Tribune
Newspaper Location: Chicago, Illinois
Article: Advertisement for the movie "The Finger Points"
Quote Page 17, Column 6
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin excerpt]
Thundering Drama Ripped from the Headlines!
[End excerpt]