[Ads-l] Saying: Who ya gonna believe, me or your own (lying) eyes?

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 1 22:06:52 UTC 2018

> The subject line specifies two sayings in a family of sayings.

The jokes jogged my memory almost enough to remember a movie with Tony
Curtis? ... Wlalter Mathau! "A Guide for the Married Man" - they use that
pretty much exactly joke, when Joey Bishop is caught in bed with another
woman (Imogene Coca) by his wife Ann Morgan-Gilbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGu8qiBUf-4

well, without the punch line in question. Instead it's "deny, deny, deny"

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 4:15 AM, ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
> wrote:

> The subject line specifies two sayings in a family of sayings. I
> received a request to explore this family back in 2016. One of the
> sayings was mentioned on this list in January 2017, and other sayings
> were mentioned a few days ago.
>
> Here is a link to my analysis:
> https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/07/31/believe-eyes/
>
> [Begin acknowledgement]
> Great thanks to Steve Wilkerson whose inquiry led QI to formulate this
> question and perform this exploration. Thanks to discussants Laurence
> Horn, Wilson Gray, Jonathan Lighter, Andy Bach, and others.
> [End acknowledgement]
>
> Garson

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com