[Ads-l] Fast alone, far together

Mon Aug 20 11:56:44 UTC 2018

Garson O'Toole wrote:
> Charlie Doyle and Wolfgang Mieder have a great entry on a
> closely related proverb. Below is a truncated excerpt.

I just noticed a slight error in the citation I gave for the entry in
the article in Proverbium. I said that the entry appeared on pages 96
and 97, but the entry actually appeared on page 98 and 99.

> [ref] 2016, Proverbium: Yearbook of International Proverb Scholarship,
> Volume 33, The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs: A Supplement by Charles
> Clay Doyle and Wolfgang Mieder, Start Page 85, Quote Page 96 and 97,
> Published by The University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont. (Verified
> on paper)[/ref]

If you want to GO (travel) fast (fastest), go alone; if you want to go
far (farthest), go with others (company, companions, friends).