[Ads-l] CamelCase

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Mon Aug 20 22:00:28 UTC 2018

Randall John "Randy" Bryce, an "American ironworker and politician" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Bryce) is running for Speaker Ryan's seat in Congress and has attracted attention under his camelCase moniker of "IronStache".  (Note:  I tried typing "camelCase" all in lowercase and Netscape spellchuck capitalized the second "C").

On the other hand, Andrew Gillum is running in the Democratic primary next Tuesday for Governor of Florida.  I just received an email (copy on request) soliciting donations for his campaign fund, declaring "a national one-day “CITRUS BOMB” -- a moneybomb with a Florida twist -- in support of Andrew."  Note that "Citrus Bomb" is written as two words but "moneybomb" as one word.

- Jim Landau

PS:  a quick quiz.  Can you identify the following initialisms, all relevant to political campaigns, at least in New Jersey:
     VBM
     GOTV
     LTE