[Ads-l] Antedating of "Cold War" in a General Sense

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 22 11:25:56 UTC 2018

My SWAG is that the Herald was referring to sanctions taken by the League
against Italy in 1935-36. They were too weak to be effective.

A "cold war." in this case, would then be something like "economic warfare."

JL