[Ads-l] words connected to a single provenance

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Aug 28 19:03:38 UTC 2018

And if we’re doing technical terms associated with figures in the sciences, why stint our own and related ones?

Generative: Chomsky
Implicature: Grice
Performative: Austin
Presupposition: Strawson
Behaviorism: Watson
Utilitarianism: Bentham
(And Freud gets a few—ego, id, superego, unconscious, and repression just for starters)