[Ads-l] Saying: Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits

Thu Aug 30 20:53:46 UTC 2018

On twitter I was asked about the saying in the subject line attributed
to Winnie the Pooh and others. Apologies for missing Barry Popik's
entry on the topic. I did find a close match that was slightly earlier
than the one found by Barry: February 18, 1905 instead of March 7,
1905.

Oh, sometimes I sit and think, and then again I just sit.

Nigel Rees authored a reference that helpfully pointed to a 'Punch"
cartoon dated October 24, 1906. Barry and Nigel are acknowledged.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/08/29/sit/

https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/sometimes_i_sits_and_thinks_and_then_again_i_just_sits

Garson