[Ads-l] monkey wrench follow-up was Re: "Monkey this up"

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Aug 31 11:58:30 UTC 2018

So, the 1840 date that the Worcester (MA) Historical Museum gives for
Loring Coes' invention aligns with the 1839/40 dates for Peter Reitan's
British sources, but is long after the 1807 cite given on WordOrigins
from OED3, making Worcester's claim (unsurprisingly) problematic. Again,
keeping in mind that I'm talking about the object as opposed to the
lexical term.

---Amy West