[Ads-l] emigrate vs. immigrate

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 3 16:47:51 UTC 2018

What I mean is that if a person emigrates from Slovenia, they also immigrate to another country, and if a person immigrates to the US, they also emigrate from some other country. So you can say:

I emigrated from Slovenia
I immigrated (to the US) from Slovenia
I immigrated to the US
I emigrated to the US (from Slovenia)

where the parts in parentheses need not be stated.

BB